We are fortunate to play in both Government and Independent schools’ leagues in football.
The second term is our football season, here is the run-down of our fixtures:
- We field teams from Under 9 to Open in the Government Schools’ League on a Wednesday afternoon.
- The Under 8’s play friendly “6-a-side” games.
- On Saturday mornings, Under 9 to Under 13 participate in the Independent Schools’ League. We field as many as 15 teams on a Saturday including C, D and sometimes even E teams.
- The Under 11A team competes in the annual Wade Foster Under 11 Tournament, a Round Robin tournament played on an afternoon in June at KEPS.
- The Under 9 to Under 14 ‘A’ teams play in the knock-out SGSFA Cup tournament, involving most of the schools in Johannesburg. The finals are played in August.
Interhouse football is played in age groups from Under 9 to Open. The combined points determine the winning house.
Football brings upon fun times with 23 teams participating in three different leagues throughout the season. All our teams showed great skills and had their own successes in each match. The highlight of the term was the Discovery Knock Out Cup which involves all our A teams per age group. K.E.P.S. had the u9, u10, u11, u13 and u14 teams reach the Discovery Cup Finals. The boys played exceptionally well in their various finals. All teams were runners-up. We are very proud of all our teams and their performances this season. Ammaar Mayet made the JPSFA Central Area Team that took part in the Discovery Festival in May.
There are currently no news articles available.